Download and read over the full article following the link on the 524 web site for The Digital Disconnect: The Widening Gap Between Internet-Savvy Students and Their Schools. If you haven't downloaded from the website, here is the link for you.
Respond to the post initially. Then, keep referring back to the comments and respond and comment on what your classmates have offered. Each of you needs to respond to at least three other responses as well as your initial contribution. Let's keep the discussion moving forward. This is an extremely critical topic that we, as technology leaders, must be able to articulate if we are to make technology a norm in our instructional practices. Remember, this is a blog, not a threaded discussion.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
For this professional conversation and as educators who recognize the importance of infusing technology into the everyday instructional experiences of students and teachers:
- What points in this study "hit your button" in either a positive or negative way?
- Select one of the virtual metaphors and discuss it in relation to your own practice.
- Possible solutions
As you form your responses to the above items, consider the following:
- How does this directly apply to your own practice?
- Has your work at APU assisted you in the integration of technology into your professional work?